Bethune's Gully Hill Climb
MNZ Permit #16087
Saturday 23rd April 2016
Come and ride the Historic Bethune's Gully Hill Climb, the OMCC have been running hill climbs up Norwood Street ( Bethune's Gully ) since the 1940 ’ s. It was ridden back in the day by none other than Burt Munro himself, although it is now tar sealed and is open to all types of bikes and riders, if you can ’ t ride there is plenty of opportunity for spectators so why not come down and join in the action.
Entry fee: $60 per rider.
ONLINE ENTRY $60.00
Add One Event Licence $20.00
Cross Class entries allowed where applicable.
- Up to 250cc
- Up to 500cc
- Pre 89
- Sign in:
- 8.30 am at the start line on Norwood St near the entrance to Forrester Park, Dunedin.
- Please do not be late
- Riders Briefing to follow.
- -MNZ one event licences available at sign in at a cost of $20.00ea
- -Please remember to bring MNZ licence, and Club membership card to scrutineering.
- All welcome,
- with appropriate safety gear and bike,
- (back protectors compulsory).
- Entries close 5pm Thursday 21st April 2016 (Day entries accepted at organisers discretion)
- Post to Otago Motorcycle Club, PO Box 1160, Dunedin
- Combine with 70th Anniversary Celebration ticket here:
- Enquiries to:
- Craig Ballantyne Ph 027 240 8533 or
- Cross Entries
- As this is a Non-championship event, and it’s the OMCC’s 70th Anniversary, we’ve decided to allow cross entering between classes where applicable. (i.e. a 250 will be able to run in the 500cc class)
- This is dependent on the number of entries and time constraints, and will be at the discretion of the OMCC.
DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY: To The Otago Motorcycle Club Inc, and Motorcycling New Zealand Inc.
- I have read the Supplementary Regulations* for this Competition and agree to be bound by them and the Manual of Motorcycle Sport, the MNZ Constitution, and the MNZ Code of Conduct.
- I am aware that the sport of Motorcycle Competition might
- cause me injury; serious or otherwise
- damage my property.
- I wish to take part in the Otago Motorcycle Club Bethune’s Gully 70th Anniversary Hillclimb despite the above risks.
- Neither I, or anyone associated or connected with me will make any claim against you or your officers, employees or agents in respect of:
- any injury suffered by me; or
- any damage to any of my property regardless of how the injury or damage occurs.
- I will indemnify you against all claims, damages or losses (including costs) which you incur as the direct or indirect result of any injury to me or damage to my property.
- I am physically fit and there is no health or other reason why I should not participate in the sport of Motorcycle Competition.
- I am aware that this disclaimer will not affect any legal obligations you have to me which you cannot contract out of under NZ Law.
- I agree that in this disclaimer “my property” includes any property owned by me or in my possession or under my control.
- I agree that this disclaimer will be binding on my family, my heirs, my legal assigns and my administrators and executors.
- I accept that stripping and re-assembly for Technical Checks are at my cost.
- I consent to the details contained in this form being held by the Otago Motorcycle Club for the purpose of the promotion and the benefit of the race meeting concerned, and Motorcycling in general. I acknowledge my right to access and correction of this information. The consent is given in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993.
- MNZ supports the FIM/IOC Charter on drugs in Sport. MNZ uses the services of Drug Free Sport NZ and other agencies to professionally carry out the testing. I acknowledge by signing this form I may be subjected to a drug/alcohol test at any time. I agree to such testing. I further agree that my name can be published by MNZ as having taken part in a drug/alcohol test together with the results of that testing.
- I confirm that my machine complies with any technical rule(s) set out in the Manual of Motorcycle Sport and/or the Supplementary Regulations and that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, it is in safe working order and fit for competition.