Levels - Have a go day
OTAGO MOTORCYCLE CLUB PRESENTS:
Have a Go Day At Levels Raceway Timaru
Saturday 9th October 2021
MNZ Permit No. : 19627
ENTRIES ARE LIMITED TO 100 RIDERS, FIRST IN FIRST SERVED!
LIMITED ENTRIES PREPAID- $75.00
JUNIOR ENTRIES - $35.00
WHEN AND WHERE
Levels Raceway Timaru
Sign in and gear check and machine checks:
8.00 am until 9.15 am at the circuit. Sign in must be done prior to machine checks.
Please do not be late
Riders Briefing to follow
Please remember to bring MNZ licence, Club membership card and all riding gear to sign in.
Group 1 - First time track attendees, passing on straights only, coaching provided
Group 2 - Previous track day experience, passing allowed, coaching available
Group 3 - Previous track day experience, passing allowed, (advanced group 2)
Group 4 - Junior or novice riders 7-15 years old - full coaching one on one
Group 5 - MNZ Licence Holder, Small Capacity Bikes, Up to 400cc
Group 6 - MNZ Licence Holder, Large Capacity Bikes, Over 400cc
We do not have bikes with a large differential of speed on the track together.
The organisers can and will move people from one group to another group as skills and speed evolve throughout the day.
To get more information on requirements for safety gear or bike preparation,
please contact Kevin at email@example.com or 021 379 030
Safety Helmets – Full face type meeting international standards Snell, ECE, AS/NZS etc
Boots – securely fitting, sturdy boots offering ankle protection
Clothing - Complete suits of leather or Kevlar, one or two-piece construction. In groups 1 and 5 Cordura or similar riding jackets and pants are acceptable.
Back Protectors - A certified back protector of composite material must be worn.
Gloves - Leather only.
Eye Protection – Visor or goggles.
Chest Protectors - A certified chest protector of composite material is compulsory for the race class and is strongly encouraged for other groups especially the more advanced riders.
3. Camera mounts
Cameras mounted on any part of the motorcycle are subject to the approval of the machine examiner. No accessories of any type may be mounted to the helmet, goggles, or any part of the rider’s head protection.
New Zealand Government Regulations around COVID-19 will be adhered to by everyone on site and the number of entries and supporters permitted to be on site may be changed at very short notice.
In order to prevent delays in getting the day under way and maximising everyone’s on track time we are only accepting online pre-entries.
Any questions regarding entry please contact organisers listed below. Entries close 6pm Wednesday 6th October 2021.
Enter online at http://trackday.omcc.org.nz
Enquiries to: Kevin Goddard Ph 021 379 030 or Regan Bray Ph 027 594 4852
DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY: To The Otago Motorcycle Club Inc, and Motorcycling New Zealand Inc.
1. I have read the Supplementary Regulations* for this Competition and agree to be bound by them and the Manual of Motorcycle Sport, the MNZ Constitution, and the MNZ Code of Conduct.
* Supplementary Regulations also available at www.otagomotorcycleclub.org.nz/events
2. I am aware that the sport of Motorcycle Competition might a) cause me injury; serious or otherwise b) damage my property.
3. I wish to take part in the Otago Motorcycle Club Have a Go Day despite the above risks.
4. Neither I, or anyone associated or connected with me will make any claim against you or your officers, employees or agents in respect of: a) any injury suffered by me; or b) any damage to any of my property regardless of how the injury or damage occurs.
5. I will indemnify you against all claims, damages or losses (including costs) which you incur as the direct or indirect result of any injury to me or damage to my property.
6. I am physically fit and there is no health or other reason why I should not participate in the sport of Motorcycle Competition.
7. I am aware that this disclaimer will not affect any legal obligations you have to me which you cannot contract out of under NZ Law.
8. I agree that in this disclaimer “my property” includes any property owned by me or in my possession or under my control.
9. I agree that this disclaimer will be binding on my family, my heirs, my legal assigns and my administrators and executors.
10. I accept that stripping and re-assembly for Technical Checks are at my cost. 11. I consent to the details contained in this form being held by the Otago Motorcycle Club for the purpose of the promotion and the benefit of the race meeting concerned, and Motorcycling in general. I acknowledge my right to access and correction of this information. The consent is given in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993.
12. MNZ supports the FIM/IOC Charter on drugs in Sport. MNZ uses the services of Drug Free Sport NZ and other agencies to professionally carry out the testing. I acknowledge by signing this form I maybe subjected to a drug/alcohol test at any time. I agree to such testing. I further agree that my name can be published by MNZ as having taken part in a drug/alcohol test together with the results of that testing.
13. I confirm that my machine complies with any technical rule(s) set out in the Manual of Motorcycle Sport and/or the Supplementary Regulations and that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, it is in safe working order and fit for competition.
FREE ONE EVENT LICENCE –
Conditions of Issue:
The licence is not valid unless signed by the holder who hereby acknowledges acquaintance with the competition rules of MOTORCYCLING NEW ZEALAND INC and undertakes to respect them. This licence is not transferable any may be withdrawn at any time by MOTORCYCLING NEW ZEALAND INC. This licence is restricted to club events in accordance with the requirements for club events. Eligibility for licencee, applicant must be a financial member of an MNZ affiliated club. If under the age of 18 must have parental consent.
Rules and Conditions of Entry
1. An approved helmet must be worn at all times when a rider is astride machine in motion. Also compulsory are approved boots and gloves, suitable long sleeved riding
shirt, nylon mx pants or heavy worsted trousers must also be worn for off road events. Full leather race suits must be used for road events.
2. Your motorcycles must be in a safe operating condition and of a type suited to the events you are riding in.
3. The rider must travel in the direction of the track, and follow the course markers. When overtaking the onus is on the overtaking competitor to do so without causing interference to other competitors. Under no circumstances shall a competitor travel in the wrong direction on the track.
4. At all times obey the flags
Red flag – all riders stop racing
Green flag – race start
Yellow flag – slow down, do not pass and no jumping
Black/White (checkered) – race finish White flag – last lap
Black flag – individual rider to stop, pull up immediately
Red & Yellow stripes – oil on track
5. No drugs or alcohol permitted.
6. Riders briefing is compulsory
7. It is a condition of entry that all persons having any connection with promotion, organisation, and conduct of the event including land owners, will be absolved from any liability out of any accident however caused and resulting in damage to property and or in respect of death or personal injury.
8. I agree that I have no medical condition that prevents me from safely participating in this event. I have not suffered concussion, or a head injury in the last three weeks. 9. I fully indemnify Motorcycling New Zealand, its agents representatives, employees, contractors, other competitors and promoters from and against any liability, whether or not due to any act or omission of these parties which arises from my participation in the event including by way of example any accident, damage or injury
I do not hold a licence with another federation
I acknowledge that I hold a current/valid MNZ Championship Licence, which has been left behind for this event. I acknowledge that if for any reason I am deemed to be found ineligible to ride at this event, I will be fined $1,000 and the incident shall be referred to the Board of MNZ.