Levels - Have a go day
OTAGO MOTORCYCLE CLUB PRESENTS:
Have a Go Day At Levels Raceway Timaru
Saturday 16th March 2019
MNZ Permit No. : TBA
ENTRIES ARE LIMITED TO 100 RIDERS, FIRST IN FIRST SERVED!
LIMITED ENTRIES PREPAID- $70.00
ON THE DAY - LATE ENTRIES - $100.00
This is to ensure we do not have bikes with a large differential of speed on the track together.
The organisers can and will move people from one group to another group as skills and speed evolve throughout the day.
To get more information on requirements for safety gear or bike preparation, please contact Derek Partridge at email@example.com or 021 534 206
Where: Levels Raceway Timaru
- Sign in, gear check, and machine checks: From 7.45 until 9.15 at the circuit.
- Riders Briefing following machine checks, separate briefing for first timers following the normal briefing.
Riding gear requirements:
- Full face well-fitting helmet less than ten years old meeting NZS1884 as a minimum.
- Eye protection (goggles or a visor)
- Leather gloves
- Boots offering ankle protection and of sturdy construction preferably purpose made motorcycle boots
- Back protector, (must comply with EN1621).
- Leathers, one or two pieces are preferred but we will also accept the following:
- Kevlar riding jacket and trousers, zip together is prefered.
- Cordura riding jacket and pants in groups 1 and 2, zip together is prefered.
- Chest Protector –The Rule applies – (From January 1st 2018, a certified chest protector of composite material must be worn at all times. The amnesty applies to the standard – as long as you are wearing a chest protector as described above, you will be allowed to race. The amnesty will remain in place until the EU standard is confirmed and FIM requirements are updated. We don’t know when that’s likely to happen but we will ensure you receive adequate notice before the standard is reintroduced as part of the rule. If you need to purchase a chest protector, look for prEN1621-3 Level 2.)
It is your responsibility to ensure your motorcycle is in a safe working condition.
Camera mounts on any part of the motorcycle are subject to the approval of the machine examiner. No accessories of any type may be mounted to the helmet, goggles, or any part of the riders head protection. Aftermarket accessories mounted to OEM mount points are not allowed. OEM equipment is allowed.
Items to be checked as follows:
- Tyres in good order.
- Sump plug to be wired, group 4 race class.
- Brakes are functioning correctly and in good order (brake pads included in check).
- Wheel bearings.
- Steering head bearings and adjustment.
- Swing arm bushes.
- Spokes, adjusted and complete.
- Sprocket’s and chain adjustment and condition.
- No open ended handlebars are allowed, must have ends or be plugged.
- Levers must have the “knobs” on the ends.
- Mirrors removed.
- Glass/lights if not removed will require being taped over with a durable material such as a cloth tape.
- No dangerous fittings that could cause injury, e.g., pack frames, etc.
- General check for loose nuts, bolts, etc.
- I have read the Supplementary Regulations* for this Competition and agree to be bound by them and the Manual of Motorcycle Sport, the MNZ Constitution, and the MNZ Code of Conduct.
- I am aware that the sport of Motorcycle Competition might
- cause me injury; serious or otherwise
- damage my property.
- I wish to take part in the Otago Motorcycle Club Have a Go Day despite the above risks.
- Neither I, or anyone associated or connected with me will make any claim against you or your officers, employees or agents in respect of:
- any injury suffered by me; or
- any damage to any of my property regardless of how the injury or damage occurs.
- I will indemnify you against all claims, damages or losses (including costs) which you incur as the direct or indirect result of any injury to me or damage to my property.
- I am physically fit and there is no health or other reason why I should not participate in the sport of Motorcycle Competition.
- I am aware that this disclaimer will not affect any legal obligations you have to me which you cannot contract out of under NZ Law.
- I agree that in this disclaimer “my property” includes any property owned by me or in my possession or under my control.
- I agree that this disclaimer will be binding on my family, my heirs, my legal assigns and my administrators and executors.
- I accept that stripping and reassembly for Technical Checks are at my cost.
- I consent to the details contained in this form being held by the Otago Motorcycle Club for the purpose of the promotion and the benefit of the race meeting concerned, and Motorcycling in general. I acknowledge my right to access and correction of this information. The consent is given in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993.
- MNZ supports the FIM/IOC Charter on drugs in Sport. MNZ uses the services of Drug Free Sport NZ and other agencies to professionally carry out the testing. I acknowledge by signing this form I may be subjected to a drug/alcohol test at any time. I agree to such testing. I further agree that my name can be published by MNZ as having taken part in a drug/alcohol test together with the results of that testing.
- I confirm that my machine complies with any technical rule(s) set out in the Manual of Motorcycle Sport and/or the Supplementary Regulations and that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, it is in safe working order and fit for competition.