Levels - Have a go day
OTAGO MOTORCYCLE CLUB PRESENTS:
Have a Go Day At Levels Raceway Timaru
Saturday 10th October 2020
MNZ Permit No. : 19095
ENTRIES ARE LIMITED TO 100 RIDERS, FIRST IN FIRST SERVED!
LIMITED ENTRIES PREPAID- $80.00
ON THE DAY - LATE ENTRIES - $100.00
Entries close 6pm Wednesday 7th October 2020, (Day entries accepted at organises' descretion)
Post to Otago Motorcycle Club, PO Box 1160, Dunedin or online here.
This is to ensure we do not have bikes with a large differential of speed on the track together.
The organisers can and will move people from one group to another group as skills and speed evolve throughout the day.
To get more information on requirements for safety gear or bike preparation,
please contact Kevin at email@example.com or 021 379 030
WHEN AND WHERE
Where: Levels Raceway Timaru
Sign in, gear check, and machine checks: From 7.45 until 9.15 at the circuit.
Riders Briefing following machine checks, separate briefing for first timers following the normal briefing.
First time track attendees, passing on straights only, coaching provided.
Previous track day experience, passing allowed, coaching available.
Previous track day experience, passing allowed, (advanced group 2).
Race Class - MNZ licence required. One event licence by application.
Junior or novice riders 7-15 years old - full coaching one on one.
Small capacity bikes - Buckets, 150, 250 & 300cc machines.
1/4 Mile Timed Sprint. Session run in the middle of the dat on the back straight.
1. Sign in and gear check and machine checks:
7.45 am until 9.15 am at the circuit. Sign in must be done prior to machine checks.
Please do not be late
Riders Briefing to follow
Note: MNZ one event licences available at sign in at a cost of $30.00 ea.
Please remember to bring MNZ licence, Club membership card and all riding gear to sign in.
2. Safety Equipment
Safety Helmets – Full face type meeting international standards Snell, ECE, AS/NZS etc
Boots – securely fitting, sturdy boots offering ankle protection
Clothing - Complete suits of leather or Kevlar, one or two-piece construction. In groups 1 and 5 Cordura or similar riding jackets and pants are acceptable.
Back Protectors - A certified back protector of composite material must be worn.
Gloves - Leather only.
Eye Protection – Visor or goggles.
Chest Protectors - A certified chest protector of composite material is compulsory for the competition classes (group 4&7) and are strongly encouraged for other groups especially the more advanced riders.
3. Camera mounts
Cameras mounted on any part of the motorcycle are subject to the approval of the machine examiner. No accessories of any type may be mounted to the helmet, goggles, or any part of the riders head protection.
Entries close 6pm Wednesday 7th October 2020, (Day entries accepted at organisers’ discretion)
Post to Otago Motorcycle Club, PO Box 1160, Dunedin or online at here
Enquiries to: Kevin Goddard Ph 021 379 030 or firstname.lastname@example.org
DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY: To The Otago Motorcycle Club Inc, and Motorcycling New Zealand Inc.
1. I have read the Supplementary Regulations* for this Competition and agree to be bound by them and the Manual of Motorcycle Sport, the MNZ Constitution, and the MNZ Code of Conduct.
*Supplementary regulations also available at http://www.otagomotorcycleclub.org.nz/events
2. I am aware that the sport of Motorcycle Competition might a) cause me injury; serious or otherwise b) damage my property. I wish to take part in the Otago Motorcycle Club Have a Go Day despite the above risks.
3. Neither I, or anyone associated or connected with me will make any claim against you or your officers, employees or agents in respect of: a) any injury suffered by me; or b) any damage to any of my property regardless of how the injury or damage occurs.
4. I will indemnify you against all claims, damages or losses (including costs) which you incur as the direct or indirect result of any injury to me or damage to my property.
5. I am physically fit and there is no health or other reason why I should not participate in the sport of Motorcycle Competition.
6. I am aware that this disclaimer will not affect any legal obligations you have to me which you cannot contract out of under NZ Law.
7. I agree that in this disclaimer “my property” includes any property owned by me or in my possession or under my control.
8. I agree that this disclaimer will be binding on my family, my heirs, my legal assigns and my administrators and executors.
9. I accept that stripping and re-assembly for Technical Checks are at my cost.
10. I consent to the details contained in this form being held by the Otago Motorcycle Club for the purpose of the promotion and the benefit of the race meeting concerned, and Motorcycling in general. I acknowledge my right to access and correction of this information. The consent is given in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993.
11. MNZ supports the FIM/IOC Charter on drugs in Sport. MNZ uses the services of Drug Free Sport NZ and other agencies to professionally carry out the testing. I acknowledge by signing this form I may be subjected to a drug/alcohol test at any time. I agree to such testing. I further agree that my name can be published by MNZ as having taken part in a drug/alcohol test together with the results of that testing.
12. I confirm that my machine complies with any technical rule(s) set out in the Manual of Motorcycle Sport and/or the Supplementary Regulations and that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, it is in safe working order and fit for competition.